Friday, September 23, 2016

Showcase: Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

Finished this rig tonight! I went all in again on a bunch of techniques and tried to replicate a few things from Mig Jimenez' books FAQ and FAQ2. Had a bit of a malfunction with the pigment splatter going white when I put the protective clearcoat on the model but fixed that up I think with a bit of extra airbrushing.

Really happy, I'm not sure how the mud splatter will hold up long term with gaming but I sealed it pretty thoroughly so it should be right. 

Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

Sons of Horus Spartan Assault Tank

So at a conservative 2100pts now, next stop terrain! Will get to 2500 after I finish a few terrain pieces I have been working on.

Cheers
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment