Monday, August 29, 2016

Sons of Horus - 10 man Reaver Squad Completed and an Army Shot

Evening all,

Sons of Horus Reaver Assault Squad
These guys took a lot longer than I expected to finish them but I'm super stoked!

Sons of Horus Reaver Assault Squad
I couldn't quite get the photos right in terms of lighting and exposure, I think I will change out for a standard black or white backdrop in the future as I have had good results with both previously.

Sons of Horus Reaver Assault Squad
The bodies of these guys are airbrushed black up to grey, the chin component of the helmets and jump packs were done the same green as the Vets and the shoulder pads have a red fade on them. I was trying to emulate what I had seen done by the studio before and though it looked pretty quirky after the airbrushing, it toned down significantly with the rest of the paint-work.

1350pts Sons of Horus Army
So I seem to be painting one unit a month at the moment with a bit of hobby stuff around the sides. I might take a break from these dudes and paint up a Zone Mortalis table I bought from Forge World before getting back in with tanks!

Cheers,
Jack

P.s. If you're reading, drop me a line in the comments so I can figure out what sort of audience I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment