Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hive Fleet Behemoth Hive Crone

I'm pretty happy with how the pearl blue carapace is looking on the nids and this completed Hive Crone would have to be one of my favourite models from the range. I wasn't sure I could pull it off consistently as the Mr. Crystal Colour Lacquer is a hard to apply but I'm 3 models down now (Tyrant, Tyrannocyte and this guy) and it's going quite well. I went with the Harpy head and tried to infer with the green goop that he vom's the template, I hate the mouth gun component of the head from the harpy as it looks like it is choking on an icecream cone.

Tomorrow I will spend the day bringing the rest of the guys up to scratch with the new blue effect which will see me with a completely painted 1250pts. I'm actually really stoked on that, it doesn't seem like a huge achievement but if the Red Scorpions were anything to go by, the first 2k took forever to get done and then everything after that seemed to fly by.

Anyway, thoughts?

Cheers
Redscorps

Tyranid Hive Crone
Tyranid Hive Crone

No comments:

Post a Comment